Herriot Hospice will be delivering Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training in September.
The dates are Monday 16 and Tuesday 17 September 2019
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) is a two-day interactive workshop in suicide first aid. ASIST teaches participants to recognise when someone may have thoughts of suicide and work with them to create a plan that will support their immediate safety. After undertaking the course participants will:
- Be suicide alert – identify people who have thoughts of suicide
- Understand the reasons behind thoughts of suicide and the reasons for living
- Access risk and safety – develop a plan to increase the safety of the person at risk of suicide
- Recognise invitations for help
- Recognise potential barriers of seeking help
- Offer support – recognise other important aspects of suicide prevention including life-promotion and self-care
- Effectively apply a suicide intervention model
- Link people with community resources
Training will be delivered at Herriot Hospice Homecare which is based in Northallerton.
The address is 18 Omega Business Village, Thurston Road, Northallerton, DL6 2NJ.
For more information please contact: